Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How to Make a Bed

I may be going out on a limb here but I'm assuming everyone reading this has heard of a Duvet before.

You know, those blanket thingies that you sleep under?  Generally you stuff a Down Blanket into the Duvet cover and you fasten the end by means of buttons or zippers.  Usually that's the bottom of the blanket that goes AT THE FOOT OF THE BED.   You catching what I'm dropping here?


I've been staying in this camp on and off since last year.  Apparently they are incapable of hiring cleaning staff that know how to place a duvet on the bed. The only things they do in the room is clean the sink, toilet, shower and make the bed.  You think that they would know how to perform all tasks without fail but that would be too easy I suppose.


So since last year I've had to remake my bed 9 times out of 10.  This is not an exaggeration.  To make it even more headbandingly frustrating, we have 2 rooms.  2 Duvets.  2 Duvets that they purposely flip around every gawd damn day so the buttons & tag is place at our pillows. This absolutely drives me fucking INSANE. They get paid per room that is occupied.  This is their job. They are nit picky about everything we do at this bloody prison camp, yet they don't hold their staff to the same degree.  Making a bed should not require instruction but I had enough.
What you can't see is the arrow is pointing to the tag and buttons.  I flipped the end of the duvet to clearly see this to avoid any confusion.
We'll see how that goes over.  
One thing that just occurred to me is that I only wrote 1 note. Fuckfuckity Well I'm battling this 1 duvet at a time. 



 
PS.  The winds have changed and the smoke is creeping back again.  The Richardson fire is still out of control at 561,260 hectares.

Bitumont Complex resources include:
  • approximately 780 firefighters from Alberta, BC, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Mexico
  • 40 helicopters
  • 96 pieces of heavy equipment including water trucks, nodwells and bulldozers
  • 99 command and support staff. 
The view from the bus at 7am this morning.  This is not cloud cover.



9 comments:

  1. I've never understood the concept of making a bed in the first place. I only do it if I'm having company.

    Otherwise, I like my blankets in a big wadded tangle - kind of like my life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah Fair 'nuff!

    I'm so all about making the bed every day but I'm not a control freak. I just like to be neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care about making the bed so much as it the bed is clean or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buttons don’t bother me as much as the tag. The tag practically face rapes you in the middle of the night if you haven’t had the sense to flip the duvet over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BHAHAHAH "Face Rapes You!" Yeah that's pretty much how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take a deep breath! Let their supervisor know they are making the beds incorrectly. It can be infuriating I know, but keep it in perspective. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mary!
    I don't lose sleep over it but it's just frustrating.
    Problem is that the people we make complaints to really don't care.
    I'm not a huge fan of that company. They don't have the greatest staff because they underpay them and treat them awful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a big fan of bedmaking myself, but I'm with you. If you're going to make it, make it right. It's not rocket science.

    I had no idea what a Duvet was, but I'll betcha seeing the tag and the buttons I could have figured the whole concept out and which end went where.

    Hope the wind turns for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is HILARIOUS. I can't wait to see if they write you something bitchy back.

    When I first glanced the picture, I was all, "Aw, she does the same thing to her man that I do to mine..."

    Um, I guess it's just who's the major bitch to my significant other....

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy and comment away. All of my family knows of this blog so feel free to be as dirty as you like.